Communications on any topic related to the assessment of animal welfare are welcome to WAFL2017.
To name a few:
- Sustainability and animal welfare
- Avoiding bias in science
- Animal welfare in society
- Precision farming techniques
- Protocols, aggregation, implementation
- Social networks in animal welfare
- Genetics and animal welfare
- Statistics and methodology
Hot Topics for WAFL2017:
- Welfare as part of sustainability assessments
- ‘Negative results’: what can we learn from measures that didn’t work....?
- Social network analysis as a tool for welfare assessment
Communications can be in the fields of natural sciences (ethology, veterinary science, animal production, epidemiology,...), social sciences (sociology, economy,...), mathematics and engineering.
Please note: WAFL especially welcomes interdisciplinary communications!